When it comes to land management, you can use several different strategies to ensure your commercial property looks its best. However, with so many options available, it can be difficult to determine which approach is right for your business.
Do you want to keep your property looking its best without breaking the bank? If you’re looking for ways to improve the appearance of your commercial property, consider these professional insights.
Why a Flat, One-Size-Fits-All Approach Doesn’t Work on Your Commercial Property
When it comes to your commercial property, a one-size-fits-all approach simply won’t cut it. Just as every business is different, every commercial property is unique and requires its own specific management plan. Trying to use the same methods on every property will not only be ineffective but can also cost you more in the long run.
It’s vital to take the time to assess each property and develop a management strategy that accounts for its specific needs. That may require a professional team to help with the assessment process and create a tailored plan for your property.
We can be that team for you. Exscape Designs has years of experience in commercial landscaping and maintenance. We understand the unique challenges that come with managing commercial property. We have the knowledge and skills to help you get the most out of your investment. Give us a call today at (440) 729-0011.
How Do You Add Value to Your Commercial Property
Are you looking to add value to your commercial property? Are you looking to sell? Or do you just want to increase your investment value? Either way, there are several things you can do to add to your property value.
Add the Right Amenities
Make sure you add the right amenities to your commercial property. If you’re not sure which additions to apply, read on. Some of the most popular amenities that commercial property owners add are:
- Parks: Adding a park landscape to your commercial property can make it more attractive to potential tenants and customers. Not only will they have a place to relax, but they can also get some fresh air and exercise.
- Swimming Pools: Swimming pools are another popular amenity that can make your property more valuable. They’re a great way for tenants to relax and stay in shape.
- Fitness centers – Gyms and fitness centers are becoming increasingly popular in commercial properties. They offer tenants a place to work out, improving their health and well-being.
- Children’s Playgrounds: If you have a lot of families in your community, having a playground on your property can be a valuable amenity. It will give children a place to play and parents a place to relax.
- Areas for Socializing: Creating an area for tenants to socialize is a great way to make your property more valuable. That can be anything from a coffee shop to a community garden. Landscape services often offer garden services, too.
- Wi-Fi Areas: Wi-Fi is becoming increasingly important in today’s world. Having a designated area for tenants to use Wi-Fi can be a valuable amenity.
These are just a few of many amenities you can add to your commercial property to make it more valuable. If you’re looking for ways to increase the value of your property, then consider adding some of these amenities.
Keep the Grounds Well-Maintained
You’ll also want to make sure that the grounds are well-maintained. A well-maintained property will be more valuable than a neglected one. That means:
- Keeping the Landscaping Trimmed and Tidy: Overgrown landscaping can make a property look unkempt.
- Maintaining the Parking Lot: Repairing cracks, painting lines and power-washing the pavement.
- Cleaning the Exterior of the Building: Windows, doors, gutters and siding.
- Removing Any Debris: Leaves, trash, etc.
- Ensuring the Property is Safe: Remove any hazards, such as a loose railing or broken steps.
These are just a few things to keep in mind when it comes to maintaining the grounds of your property. By keeping up with the maintenance, you can ensure that your property will be valuable for years.
Create an Efficient Parking Layout
Another way to add value to your commercial property is to create an efficient parking layout. It will make it easier for tenants and customers to park and help keep the property looking tidy.
An efficient parking layout means:
- There is Enough Space for All Vehicles: Make sure to leave enough space for SUVs, trucks and other large vehicles.
- There are Designated Handicap Parking Spots: Include at least two handicap parking spots near the property entrance.
- The Layout is Easy to Understand: Use signage and paint lines clearly designating the beginning and end of each parking row.
- The Traffic Flow is Smooth and Easy to Navigate: Avoid having cars backing out into busy areas or driveways.
- There are No Dead-End Rows: This can cause traffic jams and make it difficult for people to leave.
Commercial Property Security and Alarm System
Commercial property security and alarm systems are a must-have for any business. Not only will it help keep your property safe, but it will also deter criminals from targeting your business.
An alarm system will give you peace of mind and help you to protect your investment. Use these tips to help you and your tenants feel secure in your commercial property:
- Use an access control system to restrict access to certain areas of your property.
- Install security cameras in strategic locations to deter crime and help monitor activity on your property.
- Use motion sensors to detect intruders and alert you or the authorities.
- Invest in a burglar alarm system to scare off criminals and notify the authorities if someone does break in.
- Make sure all doors and windows are secure with locks, bars or grilles.
A commercial property security system is a wise investment that will pay for itself many times over. It’s vital to take the time to find the right system for your needs and budget. Once a professional installs it, you can rest assured that your property is much safer from crime.
Increase Your Commercial Property Curb Appeal
Curb appeal is crucial for any property, but it is especially important for commercial properties. First impressions matter. You want potential tenants and customers to see your property in the best light possible. There are a few ways to increase your curb appeal, such as:
- Landscaping: A well-landscaped property looks cared for and inviting. Just think about it: Do you want to go inside a business that has a weed-filled parking lot? No. You want a business that looks like it takes pride in its appearance.
Make sure you mow your lawn and your trim your bushes. You may also want to add some flowers or other outdoor plants to spruce up your property. Commercial lawn care services can help.
- Painting: A fresh coat of paint can make a big difference in how your property looks. It will make it look new and clean. It will also help protect your property from the elements.
- Lighting: Proper lighting can make your property safer and more inviting. You may want to consider motion sensor lights for added security.
- Signage: Make sure your signage is up-to-date and visible from the street. You want potential customers to be able to see your business from a distance.
- Windows: Clean windows will make your business look more inviting. Potential customers will be able to see inside, and they’ll be able to see you take pride in your appearance.
- Doors: Your doors should be clean and in good repair. If they’re old and battered, it will give customers the impression that your business is rundown.
These are just a few ways to increase your curb appeal. By taking these steps, you’ll be sure to attract tenants and customers to your commercial property.
Add Convenience Facilities
Another way to increase the value of your commercial property is to add convenience facilities. Tenants and customers will appreciate having a place to eat or grab a coffee while on the premises. You can also add other amenities, such as:
- Fitness Center: A fitness center is a great way to attract health-conscious tenants and customers.
- Daycare: A daycare can be a wonderful amenity for working parents.
- Laundry Facilities: Tenants and customers always appreciate laundry facilities.
These are just a few ideas for adding amenities to your commercial property. By adding these types of facilities, you’ll be able to attract more tenants and customers, increasing the value of your property.
Regular Tree/Plants Maintenance
It is vital to maintain the trees and plants on your commercial property. Overgrown trees and plants can make a property look unkempt and even damage the building. Branches can break windows, and roots can damage sidewalks and other concrete structures.
Trim the trees and shrubs on your property regularly to keep them looking their best. Also, be sure to remove any dead leaves or branches.
Add Outdoor/Landscape Lightings
Outdoor landscape lighting is crucial for both safety and security reasons. It can also make your property look more inviting. There are many different types of outdoor lights you can choose from, such as:
- Solar-Powered: These lights are environmentally friendly and can save money on your energy bill.
- LED: Long-lasting lights that provide bright, clear light.
- Motion-Sensor: These lights turn on when they detect movement, which can deter burglars.
- Spotlights: Use to highlight key features on your property, such as a patio garden or walkway.
Depending on your need, you also should consider other kinds of lights like floodlights, wall-mounted lights and string lights.
Professional Insights Can Help You Enhance Your Commercial Property
So, what do we mean by professional insights? Well, these are the tips and tricks that landscape professionals have learned over the years to help them create and maintain beautiful outdoor spaces. And what are these professional insights we speak of? Here are five of our favorites:
- Don’t Be Afraid to Mix and Match: When it comes to plants, don’t be scared to mix and match different varieties. That can add both visual interest and texture to your landscape development.
- Use Mulch: Mulch is a great way to protect your plants and help them retain moisture. It can also help prevent weeds from taking over your landscape.
- Fertilize Regularly: Fertilizing your plants often will help them stay healthy and look their best. Be sure to follow the directions on the fertilizer package for the best results.
- Prune Often: Pruning helps promote plant health by removing dead or dying branches. It can also help shape plants and keep them looking tidy.
- Water Regularly: Water is essential for plant health, so be sure to water your plants often. During the hot summer months, you may need to water them daily.
If you’re looking to boost your commercial property, consider implementing some of these professional insights to enhance your commercial property. You’ll be glad you did!
When it comes to keeping your commercial property looking its best, there are a few things you can do to make a big impact. From pruning plants to investing in quality fertilizer, these tips will help you achieve the beautiful outdoor space you’ve always wanted.
By following these tips, you will be able to boost the curb appeal of your commercial property. That will make it more attractive to potential customers and tenants.
If you’re looking for ways to improve your property, contact a professional landscaper. They will be able to give you more ideas on how to improve the look of your property.
Exscape Designs knows how to be that professional for you. We will prune, add quality fertilizer, use the top commercial landscaping tools and make sure every aspect of your new landscaping is up to par. If you’re looking for help with making your property look its best, give us a call today at (440) 729-0011.