Position Title: Accounting Support Specialist
This position will be the first line of communication for our vendors and customers regarding all accounting matters. The Accounting Support Specialist must be familiar with accounting procedures and should have experience working with accounting software programs. The ideal candidate will be able to process business transactions, handle accounts payable and receivable, expense reports, receipts, and other financial matters. Proven accounting experience required.
- Accounts Payable – Enter payables to appropriate GL account and ensure all accounts are paid on time and filed appropriately; processing the weekly check run; develop relationships with vendors and communicate with them to clarify any questionable invoice items, prices, or purchase orders.
- Accounts Receivable – Create and distribute client invoices and statements, weekly AR reporting by department and management of timely collection of client accounts; client account reconciliations (Cost-to-Date Reports) transaction/deposit recording and management of online bill payments (BluePay); processing client credit card payments and recording deposit of funds.
- Entering company credit card purchases into QuickBooks and reconciling statements with receipts.
- Data Entry – Production paperwork, timesheets and other as needed paperwork.
- Subcontractor Agreements – Distribute and collect subcontractor agreements, proof of insurance, W-9 and workers compensation forms.
- Yearly 1099 filing
- Fixed Asset Management – Communicating with Director of Admin/Finance, insurance company and accountant to ensure proper protection and accounting records of fixed asset purchases.
- Assist in Project Management – Obtain city permits and registrations, special projects & support other managers when needed.
- Reporting – Assist Director of Admin/Finance and other members of the leadership team in data gathering.
- Maintain QuickBooks Files – Customers, vendors, subcontractors, item listing & payroll items to match budget file.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited college or university preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a small business accounting role specifically in handling all A/P, A/R related tasks or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically with complete Microsoft Office Suite.
- Minimum 1 year of experience using QuickBooks.
- BOSS LM experience a plus.
- Fast, accurate data entry.
- Proven interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented and results-focused with exceptional organizational ability.
- Professional communication and follow-up skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Integrity in completing work and business acumen.
Interested? Apply With Exscape Today