5 Landscape Design Projects to Plan Now for Spring
When the snow begins to fall in the Cleveland area, the last thing on your mind might be your spring landscape. But what better time to dream of and plan your ideal outdoor landscape than during the winter? Spend cold days cooped up indoors proactively, planning ahead for a landscape you will enjoy in the summer. Contacting a landscape design firm and beginning your initial planning in the winter allows your project to get started earlier in the spring, meaning you will have optimal time to enjoy it during the warm weather months in Northeast Ohio!
Consider what features or outdoor elements would add both function and enjoyment to your outdoor space. Need help deciding what project would best suit your home? We have some ideas:
1. Add a custom fire pit. Looking for a special outdoor place for your family and friends to spend time together? Consider a fire pit. Custom designed fire pits are growing in popularity because they can serve as a central gathering place throughout the year. From warm summer nights to cold fall evenings, a fire pit can be enjoyed as a place to sit and relax, visit with friends, or host a barbecue.
2. Install landscape lighting.The installation of landscape lighting provides both beauty and function. Landscape lights not only enhance the visual appeal of your property, but they add security. Of course, when your property is well-lit, the overall safety of your home is also increased.
3. Renovate your patio. Is your old patio dated and worn? Consider how a beautiful stone patio would completely transform your outdoor space. With so many styles and materials available, you can work with a professional to design a patio that will serve as essential entertaining space for years to come.
4. Outdoor waterscape. Looking for a tranquil retreat in the comfort of your own private space? A waterscape, such as a garden pond or waterfall, could be your answer. Waterscapes add beauty to your outdoor space.
5. Replace an outdated walkway. Your home’s front walkway sets the tone for the curb appeal of your entire home. A crumbling or outdated walkway can appear drab and dull. Installing a new brick or stone walkway will provide an instant transformation and boost your home’s curb appeal.