While you are sitting by the fire keeping warm in the winter weather, it is a great time to make plans for your Geauga County spring landscape. Not only do you have a couple of months to think through your wish list for your dream outdoor experience, but you have time to plan wisely. Here are a couple of tips from our professional designers on things to consider:
• Pick your yard’s focal points. Identifying your yard’s current focal point is the best place to start when you are thinking of planning for spring. Ideally, you will want to install large items such as patios, decks, and outdoor kitchens before adding any other plantings or lighting. Existing pools, hot tubs, water features, and existing landscaping are all critical to consider. That said, you can experiment with smaller areas if you’d like.
• Consider the scope of the project. Professional landscape architects always think through the best way to do the job. Many times that does require large equipment such as trenchers and excavation equipment. Knowing this ahead of time will help you to control your costs.
• Integrate your home’s design. Cleveland area landscapers that specialize in design always consider the style and architecture of the home. If your home is a Pepper Pike or Moreland Hills Tudor style, then a more formal treatment may be in order. Likewise, if you live in a log cabin – popular for Chesterland, Chardon and Middlefield – then a more casual, natural approach may be in order.
• Put the right plant in the right place. This is where having a professional backyard landscape designer can really be of help. While you can do your own research, putting the right plant in the right place can be a challenge. Make sure you research not only the sun requirements of a particular plant but their zone hardiness and their mature size. Squeezing too many plants in one area can lead to overcrowding later.
• Plan for the future. Though you may only want to concentrate on one small area at a time, having an overall plan for your yard can help it to look put together when it is completed. Take into account any large items you may want to add in the future as trends change – whether that is a cabana, outdoor kitchen, or a fire pit.
Planning your landscape can be an enjoyable process during the winter months. If you are feeling overwhelmed by the process of planning, call us today! Our expert landscape technicians will come out to meet with you and get you started on the right path to a beautiful outdoor area. Call us today to schedule an in-home appointment.
How Can We Help You?
Find out how you can get a outdoor living space that supports your goals and a team of experts focused on you.